Sunday, July 7, 2013

Blankets!

I made my first quilt when I was in the fourth grade.  To this day, it is my parents' dog's favorite thing.  I've traded in my sewing machine for knitting needles and crochet hooks, though.  Here are a couple of the blankets I've completed this last year.  I crocheted both of these.  I prefer to crocheting over knitting when it comes to blankets.  Both of these were crocheted.

The coloring looks more pale here than it does in person, but this is a great cold-weather blanket.   It fits our queen sized bed and is nice and thick.  

Here it is again, close-up of the pattern.


This one is a lot airier, better for warmer weather.  Same type of yarn as above, though.

Close-up of the pattern


Just for good measure, this is my parents' dog, Missy.  We got Missy right as I entered 8th grade.  She was coming to stay with me last summer for a week and had to bring her favorite quilt with her.  You can see it sticking out of her bag.  

No comments:

Post a Comment